This course is a general educational course that is required by both the Ministry of Education in Kyrgyzstan. You have to know the basic dates and events that took place in the history of Kyrgyzstan as well as the methods to study and teach it. The study of history is also central to a liberal arts education and required by Bard diploma.
The course objectives are:
· to define the place of history among other humanities and social sciences
· to discuss the methods of historical research and teaching
· to analyze and interpret primary historical sources
· to recognize the key events in the history of Kyrgyzstan and Central Asia
· to trace historical continuity and change, and demonstrate the implications of historical events for modernity
- Teachers: Cholpon Chotaeva